Looking ahead-2023

I have been reading a lot about Rep 2139 Mg and doctor Availant job to achieve a functional cure of HBV. First of all, I wanna thank doctor Availant and his team for all incredible job they’re doing, 56% of functional cure in patients with the most hard HBV genotype to treat is really a great achievement! So I have some questions for doctor Availlant:
Do you think that when these clinical trials were made in the general public (other genotypes) this number of 56% can go up like to 90%?

And from what I see, it seems that all hepatocytes harboring HBV integrated DNA are being removed, so does that really mean that if we can achieve the removal of all hepatocytes with cccdna through NAPs in the future could be a complete cure?

Thanks once more for the great job… And I hope your research get a tremendous and surprising breakthrough in the next 3 to 4 years! Something like revolutionary… Science is gift given to us by God but the scientists are the ones who know how unpackaging and distribute this gift.

2 Likes

hello, my friend @ImHopefull.

Reading your post, I cannot excuse myself from giving my brief word, since I understand that hope must always be shared. Just like you, I also have deep admiration for dr. @availlant , dr. @ThomasTu and all our experts. As you well wrote, we thank God for your lives, your studies and your selfless work that has blessed us so much and, I am sure, will bless us even more.

I’m sure that one day this wonderful news of healing will be shared here, easing our lives.

I discovered the work of Dr. @availlant here on this forum and I’m also a big enthusiast. I have constantly been looking for information and your questions are relevant, they are questions that I also have. I’m sure they will respond to us as soon as possible.

hug. stay confident

2 Likes

Exactly! That’s the point… And if we look to what have been achieved in the scientific community it is really tremendous! A functional cure is a science masterpiece, it’s a game change. But when I’m reading some articles about NAPs, what I see is that they (the scientists) are suspecting the integrated HBV DNA has been removed from the liver. If that’s the case, we are a step closer to a complete cure. And it worths to note that this was considered way difficult, almost a dream. In one of the articles it says that “…HBV functional cure is accompanied inactivation / clearance of cccDNA and clearance of integrated HBV DNA.” This is the link: Persistent Control of Hepatitis B Virus and Hepatitis Delta Virus Infection Following REP 2139‐Ca and Pegylated Interferon Therapy in Chronic Hepatitis B Virus/Hepatitis Delta Virus Coinfection - PMC
I know we have to be realistic, but would say this phrase in the following way: we have to have an enormous realistic sense, but with a little bit of faith and hope! But no matter what level of cure science achieves in the HBV field, we are going to be blessed, because a functional cure is a GREAT achievement as well. So thank God we have people like Thomas Tu, Andrew Availlant and many others… Let’s be positive! We’re gonna win, my friend!!!

Hugs!

1 Like

Dear all,

Thank you for the kind words and know that we are trying on all fronts to develop a safe and effective therapy for people with Hepatitis B. We do however need the advocacy of the community to keep us going and make sure that this work is appropriately prioritised. We all need to make noise so that we get governmental, financial, health system, and community support to drive change and get you the health care that you deserve.

The stories I read every day here from the community really drive me to make a difference and we need to spread that feeling as widely as possible.

Thank you all for your contributions to this cause!
Thomas

4 Likes