Study and Practice Nursing in Australia with Hepatitis B

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I am from Bangladesh and have tested positive for Hepatitis B, but my viral load is below 20 IU/mL. Given these health conditions, am I eligible to study nursing in Australia and practice as a registered nurse there?

Thank you in advance.

@Nadim_Ahmed

Are you sure you have hep b? Typically you need reactive HBsAg. Did they measure HBsAc?

Dear @Nadim_Ahmed,

These threads will have some information on your question:

Thomas

1 Like

Hi Nadim,

I have just added some relevant videos to the thread: Australian Visa and Hep B Guide

I believe these will be helpful for your application.

Hi sumaya
Do you have any information about hepatitis b and migration to the USA as a nurse
I will soon be filling for Visa with the USA at what stage do you feel I should disclose my hep B status

Hi @Sent-d

Thanks for contacting us about your concern about becoming a nurse in the USA.
I want to start by saying that I am located in Australia and do not know much about the US visa/green card policies. However, I did some exploring and found some good information from Hep B Foundation, have a look at this link: U.S. Employment » Hepatitis B Foundation

I hope this is somewhat helpful. If anyone else in the forum has more information or experience with this, please feel free to share it in the forum.

Sumaya.

Thanks for your reply and response